Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Buddha Fat and Bald




An email this a.m. from "Who Remembers Me?"
promises links to long lost pals for a modest fee.

They claim some distant friend is acting as my sponsor
but I suspect this outfit snagged my name off Monster.

Millions of unemployed with their resumes online
supply marketing gurus with an email goldmine.

Would I like to lose weight or make a million dollars?
Serenity and prosperity from men in clerical collars.

I could get a deal on a truck with fuel injectors
and never be bothered again by calls from bill collectors.

I can find inner peace and think like Einstein
by just creating a password for wisdom online.

An evangelical site offers to erase my sins,
just enter Visa numbers and I will get a PIN.

A "Christian Mom" makes five thousand dollars a week.
She's accepting AmEx if I want to take a peek.

I am left to ponder what a Buddhist Mom might do.
Sit in mediation and try to grow bamboo?

But the spell is broken as my email dings
offering a perfect body and an end to bathtub rings.

The job of my dreams is just a mouse click away.
A new book will tell how to turn work into play.

Unemployed with no credit, I offer my demurs
I have all the diseases but can't afford the cures.

- Rich Seeley

No comments:

Post a Comment